With the existence and availability of sink materials such as copper, granite, ceramic and cast iron, many people still go for the classic stainless steel sink. It’s not hard to understand why most people choose this sink over other types of sink.
If you are renovating your kitchen, you should consider all the benefits of a stainless steel sink. We checked out the best stainless steel sinks out there today and narrowed it down to the list you can find below. We chose these products not only for their timeless beauty but also for their durability, ease-of-maintenance, good noise dampening benefits and price. Check out which products we recommend.
In This Guide
Benefits of Stainless Steel Sinks You Can’t Find in Other Sinks
So, what would make you want to choose stainless steel sinks? What is in stainless steel sinks that you can’t find in any other sink?
Here are the benefits you can get if you choose this kind of sink:
1. It can last for a long time.
Perhaps one of the best features of this sink material is its durability. Stainless steel is known for its ability to withstand wear and tear. It doesn’t succumb to chipping, denting, warping or cracking. Even if you carelessly bang your pots and pans on it, you would not have to worry about unsightly dings.
2. It is one of the easiest to clean and maintain.
The kitchen, particularly the sink, is one of the places in your home that gets dirty easily. You might not see it but all those fresh produce and meats you are washing in the sink can leave behind harmful microorganisms that can cause illnesses when ingested. They can contaminate your food and cause stomach aches and diarrhea.
These sinks can prevent that from happening. They are easy to clean because they are not that picky when it comes to the cleaning materials you choose. Whether you are using a natural cleaner such as baking soda and vinegar or a store-bought one, you can easily disinfect and clean your sink.
Stainless steel is also resistant to corrosion. It doesn’t get rusty easily, especially with proper care and attention. They also have a finish that maintains its exterior luster.
3. Stainless steel is an eco-friendlier option.
It doesn’t require quarrying of rocks and minerals. And because stainless steel is a material that can be recycled, many of the sinks you can find today have also been crafted from recycled materials. This is why it is a good choice for those environmentally-conscious individuals.
4. These sinks are more affordable.
Since these are easier to produce, they don’t require hard-to-find and hard-to-produce materials. That said, these sinks are generally more affordable.
These are the benefits you can get from this sink material. You can’t go wrong with it, so make sure you consider getting this sink material.
Best Stainless Steel Sinks Reviews
After checking out the ones sold today, here are the sinks that have the best features:
- Sterling by Kohler 20022-PC-NA Ludington Single Basin Kitchen Sink
- Frigidaire Undermount Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
- Kraus KHU100-30 Kitchen Sink
- Zuhne Modena Undermount Single Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
Here are the things you can expect from these sinks:
1. Sterling by Kohler 20022-PC-NA Ludington Single Basin Kitchen Sink
Looking for a deep basin sink? Look no further than this one. It has a depth of 9 inches, perfect for all your dish and pot washing needs. You can cook your bigger pots without worrying about overflowing water or bumping the pot everywhere. It features undermount installation, which means you can get a countertop with no seams. This method of installation prevents dirt from getting lodged up in those nooks and crannies.
You will find this sink a durable choice, thanks to its 18-gauge stainless steel material that has a durable satin finish. It also boasts of a SilentShield Technology that minimizes noise.
- This is a large-sized sink that can fit bigger pots and pans. It also has 9 inches of depth for you to get more washing space.
- The undermount installation is good for less strenuous clean-up.
- You don’t have to worry about noise from the water falling down on the sink because this has a noise-dampening feature.
- It is big enough to bath babies or younger kids.
- It is easy to install. Even those who never had experience replacing sinks in the past said they did not have issues installing it.
- It is an attractive stainless steel sink. You will find this a fitting choice even for various design styles.
- It can last for a long time.
- You can get a lifetime limited warranty.
- The hefty price tag. It is more expensive than other stainless steel kitchen sinks.
2. Frigidaire Undermount Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
With its commercial-grade quality, you can expect this sink to last for a long time. It has been crafted from 16-gauge stainless steel that resists wear and tear. It is an undermount sink that has no upper seams to prevent gunk from appearing.
It can be integrated seamlessly in different kinds of countertops such as quartz, marble and granite. One of its best features is its 10mm radius corner design that allows the removal of water. It also has a V-Therm Shield technology that minimizes sound when water hits its surface.
- This is a nice-looking sink that can work with modern or traditional kitchens.
- It is solidly-built. It can last for a long time even with minimum maintenance.
- Sound gets muffled out easily.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- This entire package comes with a roll-up dish drying rack, a bottom grid made from stainless steel, basket strainers and the template with mounting hardware.
- It is shipped in a custom bag, so it doesn’t receive damage in transit.
- Everything about this sink feels solid and well-made. It also has a nice thickness to it.
- A customer said it scratched easily.
3. Kraus KHU100-30 Kitchen Sink
This sink is virtually indestructible as it is made from T304 stainless steel material with 16-gauge and 1.5mm of thickness. With a commercial grade satin finish, expect this sink to look great for a long time even when subjected to harsh treatments. It is a deep sink that will take care of those splashing and spilling problems a lot of people get when washing big pots in a small sink.
- This has good soundproofing technology. You can use it even at night without worries of noise. The SoundGuard coating is also safe to use as it is non-toxic.
- Durable sink. The materials are commercial-grade, thereby allowing this sink to last for a long time.
- It is easy to clean and is resistant to the formation of rust.
- It comes with a lot of free accessories such as the dish grid, basket strainer set, kitchen towel, cutout template and a mounting hardware.
- Customer service is good. It even comes with a lifetime limited warranty.
- The corners are easy to clean.
- Drainage is also commendable.
- Some had issues with scratches.
4. Zuhne Modena Undermount Single Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
Cheaper doesn’t always mean less quality. This sink can attest to that. Even with a lower price tag compared to its competitors, it still has one of the most durable features around. It is completely resistant to corrosion and rust. It also doesn’t scratch or dent easily. That is all thanks to its 16G T304 Stainless Steel construction.
Just wipe this and go. It remains hygienic and retains its original shine for a long time. Like the others, this also has good sound-proofing properties.
- This is made from the most durable materials.
- It has good noise control. Its insulation technology is better than others out there.
- It can withstand exposure to extreme temperatures. So, whether you are draining boiling water or dumping cold water, it should remain in good condition.
- The coved corners make this sink easier to clean.
- The soft glow brushed satin make this look more beautiful.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Some said they had trouble connecting it with the garbage disposal.
Which One Should You Get?
Deeper Sink: Sterling by Kohler 20022-PC-NA Ludington Single Basin Kitchen Sink. This sink has a nice depth to it that you can use to hide your dirty dishes if you don’t have time to clean them yet or wash bigger pots and pans without splashing everywhere.
Like a Miniature Tub: Frigidaire Undermount Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink. A lot of people said this is big enough to look like a miniature tub. If you like a bigger sink to use for cleaning pots and even washing your baby, this should be a perfect choice.
Quietest Sink Around: Kraus KHU100-30 Kitchen Sink. This one has superior technology when it comes to sound-proofing. It reduces noise, which is perfect for those late-night washing of dishes.
For People on a Budget: Zuhne Modena Undermount Single Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink. If you are looking for something affordable but doesn’t compromise on quality, choose this one. It still has a lot of good features but at a price that won’t break the bank.
Tips in Buying a Stainless Steel Sink
Don’t let the vast number of choices out there overwhelm you. With the following tips, you can easily buy the sink that works in your kitchen.
1. Consider size and depth.
Size is a big factor to consider. You should not just consider how big the allotted space for this in your counter but also think about what size you truly need. For instance, you might have a smaller sink in the past but find this inadequate. That said, you can try hiring a contractor to install a bigger sink or do it yourself.
Also think about how deep you would want the sink to be. If you frequently wash big pots and pans, it’s better to get a deeper sink. A deeper sink also comes handy for bathing babies or soaking things.
2. Think about the placement of the plumbing fixtures.
Does it already come with holes for your faucet? If it does, make sure you determine whether you are okay with that placement. Some sinks come with faucet placements on the side while others are found in the middle.
3. Decide whether to get a single bowl or a double bowl.
A single bowl design is great for hiding dirty dishes and washing big pots, but a double bowl may offer more flexibility in prepping. Since there is a division in double bowls, you can wash using one bowl and prep your ingredients in the other one.
4. Make sure it has a good curvature that allows water to drain completely.
This is a problem with some sinks. They are not concave enough to completely drain water, so some of that water might still be left on the sides of the sink. Make sure the sink you are choosing doesn’t have this issue.
5. It should be resistant to the formation of molds, scum and other unwanted things.
A good stainless steel should have a nice finish and coating that prevents molds and other sticky residues from staying on its surface. It should also be able to retain its finish no matter how many times you clean it. Go for those that do not form scum and calcium deposits easily.
Also make sure it comes with a lot of accessories such as a drain basket and rack. A drain plug is also essential. Think about your budget as well. Stainless steel sinks are typically less expensive than other sinks such as copper but set aside a reasonable budget for it, so you can get the ones with the most convenient features.
Make sure you get the sink that is right for your kitchen. Find more reviews of the best kitchen sinks here! Find out what other sink materials are ideal when it comes to durability and ease of maintenance and get some suggestions on how to find the best one for your needs.