Farmhouse sinks have been gaining popularity. Not only do these sinks look good, they are also functional. These sinks are usually bigger and have more depth, so you can wash bigger pots and pans with ease. They look pretty against different kinds of countertops. Install subway tiles and you have a farmhouse style kitchen that you will love for a long time.
These sinks come in different sizes, designs and materials. If you are looking for the best one to incorporate in your kitchen, you came to the right place. Here, we found the best-rated farmhouse sinks that can last you for a long time and you can use enjoy using for a variety of purposes – from prepping to washing.
In This Guide
- Different Materials for Farmhouse Sinks
- Best Farmhouse Sink Reviews
- Which is the Best Choice for You?
- Tips in Buying the Best Farmhouse Sink
- What to Do Next?
Different Materials for Farmhouse Sinks
When buying farmhouse sinks, you might come across different materials for it. Here are some of the common materials you can find and what these sinks can offer:
Farmhouse sinks made from fireclay materials can easily make a statement in your kitchen. Because these sinks contain feldspar in a type of ceramic material and some of the components also found in granite, you can be assured that these sinks are stronger. They are more durable compared to similar materials such as vitreous china. It is made from A+ glaze, this sink material is resistant to the formation of bacteria. It is also non-porous, so grease can’t sip in easily. It is also resistant to corrosion and can be subjected to extreme temperatures without receiving a lot of damages. On the other hand, be careful not to scratch it as it can be susceptible to this kind of damage.
Copper is an expensive material that boasts of exceptional beauty. Many people prefer this kind of material because of the value it can add to a home. Over time, copper takes on a darker hue that makes this even more interesting. It is also durable and resistant to a lot of external wear and tear. When untreated, copper is also resistant to the formation of bacteria. The downside to this is that most copper farmhouse sinks are expensive. Some might also require more care and attention such as special kind of cleaning and waxing.
A lot of people who want to achieve a modern look in their kitchen but also a mixture of traditional and vintage design opt for stainless steel farmhouse sinks. Stainless steel is a very durable material that doesn’t scratch, dent or chip easily. You can opt for this material if you prefer something low-maintenance. It is easy to clean and is a good conductor of heat.
80% of this kind of material is stone, which means you can get a sink that is resistant stain and scratches. You can rely on this to last you a long time. You can subject it to wear and tear and not worry about leaving permanent damages. The black color of this material also makes this an additional choice if you want to make a statement or you are going for contrast in your kitchen. It is also perfect for those want to mix farmhouse elements with modern ones.
Granite farmhouse sinks are also a great option because they are stronger and more durable than other materials. They are non-porous, which prevents them from absorbing food residues and grease. These sinks do not get stained right away. If you frequently dump dark-colored juices such as beet juice, wine or coffee in your sink, you might want to consider this material.
Best Farmhouse Sink Reviews
After checking out the market for farmhouse sinks, the following are the ones we deem the most ideal:
- Kraus KHF201-33 33-inch Farmhouse Apron Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
- Ruvati 330inch Apron-Front Workstation Farmhouse Kitchen Sink
- KES Fireclay Sink Farmhouse Kitchen Sink
- Bocchi Classico Farmhouse Apron Front Fireclay Kitchen Sink
Here are the things you need to know about these sinks:
Crafted from t-304 stainless steel material, you can subject this sink to a lot of abuse and not have to worry about permanent damages. With the clean lines and minimal front apron design, this is a kitchen sink that will look great in any kitchen setting. And with its satin finish, you can be assured that this will look new for a long period of time.
There are plenty of features that you can get from this sink such as the channel grooves for effortless and seamless drainage, the extra-deep double design that allows for more versatility in the kitchen. It also has a stone guard coating to prevent condensation. This can also be relied on to dampen sound from the water falling to the sink.
- This sink comes complete with everything you might need in a kitchen sink such as the dual stainless steel bottom grid, a drain assembly and a basket strainer.
- It is a double bowl kind of sink, so you can use this for multiple purposes.
- This is really built to last. The 16-gauge steel is one of the most durable materials out there.
- It has 3 different mounting options for added flexibility.
- The 60/40 division of bowls means you get a larger bowl that will still allow you to wash bigger pots and pans.
- Condensation doesn’t form easily on this sink.
- It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- A lot of users said they did not have issues installing this.
- It is slightly more expensive than other stainless steel sinks out there.
- Some also said water stays on the corners of the sink.
This farmhouse sink made from 16-gauge T-304 grade stainless steel material will last you for a long time because it will not get stained or will not turn rusty overtime. It has also been treated with a brushed finish that maintains cleanliness and keeps scratches at bay. This finish also ensures this will match the rest of the finish of your appliances.
It comes with accessories that easily slides on its surface. There is a stainless steel colander that you can use to wash vegetables. It also comes with a solid wood cutting board and a roll-up rack for drying dishes.
- This is a heavy-duty sink that can resist wear and tear as well as corrosion.
- It has all the accessories you need to prepare in the kitchen. You can easily slide it out on the sink, thereby saving you more on counter space. If you have a small kitchen, this is a good choice for a sink.
- It features sound guard undercoating that prevents water from making a lot of noise when it hits the sink.
- Condensation doesn’t form easily.
- Water drains out easily, thanks to its sloped bottom.
- The 10mm radius in the corners ensures more effortless cleaning.
- It is also comparatively more affordable.
- Some didn’t like how there is no angling at the sides.
This has a more contemporary design feature although it still has the charm of traditional farmhouse sinks. It is made from ceramic materials for that authentic farmhouse look. This material doesn’t absorb or retain dirty. Bacteria also doesn’t stick to it easily. Additionally, black spots do not form on it easily.
The whole Vessel sink design also prevents water from leaking r seeping out. This sink is also resistant to staining and yellowing.
- This is more ideal for smaller kitchens.
- It retains its original color for a long time.
- It is easy to clean and doesn’t get dirty or moldy easily.
- It has antibacterial properties.
- Some said the shipping is unsatisfactory. Theirs arrived dirty.
Get this single bowl fireclay sink that boasts of durability with its high-pressure manufacturing methods. The package comes with a bottom grid and a strainer. This material is non-porous and can easily resist staining. It is also resistant to cracking and chipping.
- This is one of the most durable farmhouse sinks out there.
- It is non-porous, so it doesn’t absorb harmful chemicals.
- It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- This is resistant to damages such as scratching, cracking and chipping.
- This is made from eco-friendly materials.
- It features Super Smooth Technology, that prevents calcium deposits and stains from taking up residence in it easily.
- It is a bit more expensive than other farmhouse sinks.
Which is the Best Choice for You?
Can’t decide which one to get? Take the following things into consideration:
Has All the Bells and Whistles: Kraus KHF201-33 33-inch Farmhouse Apron Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink. When it comes to all the features you might want in a sink, this has all of it and more. You will be hard-pressed to find something bad about this sink. You should consider springing more money for this sink if you want to have all the features.
Great for People with Limited Counter space: Ruvati 330inch Apron-Front Workstation Farmhouse Kitchen Sink. If you don’t have a lot of counter space in your kitchen, this can be an ideal choice. You can easily slide out the colander, drying rack and chopping board on its surface, thereby giving you more space for prepping.
Classic Design: KES Fireclay Sink Farmhouse Kitchen Sink. If you prefer a white kitchen sink and you don’t have a large space in your kitchen for a bigger sink, get this one instead. It has a good size for a smaller kitchen.
Easy to Maintain: Bocchi Classico Farmhouse Apron Front Fireclay Kitchen Sink. This sink is one of the easiest to maintain because it can resist the formation of molds, black spots and other unwanted stains. If you don’t like to do a lot of maintenance and cleaning, this is a good choice for you.
Tips in Buying the Best Farmhouse Sink
Farmhouse sinks shouldn’t be difficult to find. But since they come in different sizes and materials, you would want to consider your personal needs and preferences, so you can buy one that fits your needs well. Here are some tips that can help you make a good buying decision:
1. Choose the right size of a farmhouse sink.
When you start your search for a good farmhouse sink, you will come across a variety of sizes. You can find smaller ones with 20 inches of length to the ones that go as long as 60 inches.
Think about how and where you are going to use the sink. If you have a baby at home that you might need to bathe in the sink, a bigger farmhouse sink might be a better option. If you have a big family where you do a lot of cooking and that involves washing a lot of pots and pans, a bigger one is also the best choice.
2. Decide on the material suitable for your lifestyle.
If you use your sink a lot because you do a lot of washing and preparing in your kitchen, it makes sense to choose those sinks with materials that are more resistant to wear and tear such as copper or stainless steel.
The material you should choose will also depend on your capability of maintaining it. If you don’t have time to spare to maintain your sink all the time, something as low maintenance such as cast iron, fireclay or stainless steel would be a fitting choice.
3. Check the front apron design.
The front apron is the one that sticks out from the cabinets. The designs can vary depending on the materials used. For instance, fireclay farmhouse sinks can come in flat designs but may also have more intricate designs such as raised lips or fluted designs.
Copper, on the other hand, may have more intricate designs to them. You might be able to find floral designs and other designs that engraved or embossed. Which one you should choose will depend on the overall aesthetics you are going for.
Make sure you also consider installation and the sink’s compatibility with the plumbing fixtures you are planning to use.