In this Guide
- Best Copper Sink 2019 Reviews
- 5 Reasons to Choose a Copper Sink
- Which One Should You Choose?
- How to Buy the Best Copper Sink
- What’s Next?
The copper revolution is still on-going in home design. With more and more people enamored with the unique look that can be injected by copper materials, it is not surprising to find many homeowners incorporating features like a copper sink in their home.
If you are one of those who likes the benefits and looks of a copper sink, this article is for you. In this article, we will highlight the benefits of a copper sink and which of those you can find in the market today are the best ones. We will help you make a better buying decision based on a number of factors.
Best Copper Sink 2019 Reviews
1. Sinkology Rockwell Farmhouse Apron Front Handmade Pure Solid Copper Kitchen Sink
When you have a sink as pretty as this one from Sinkology, you really don’t need to jazz up your kitchen with a lot of fancy and expensive stuff anymore. This sink boasts of commercial-grade material. Its 16-gauge pure solid copper that has .063 to .068 of thickness is one of the thickest in the market today.
2 inches of front apron wraps on each side of the sink are hammered for added durability. Unlike other copper sinks that might turn green eventually, this one won’t, thanks to its 99.98% of pure copper content.
- With a pure 16-gauge copper integrated in this sink, it will give you all the benefits of copper and more.
- It is comparatively easy to install and maintain.
- This sink is hand-crafted, ensuring the finest quality of materials.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The farmhouse style is nice to look at. It brings more charm into a space.
- It works with butcher block countertops seamlessly but should also match other countertop materials.
- The color you can see on the photos are the same when it arrives on your doorstep.
- Cheaper than many copper sinks out there but still has a good quality.
- Size is just right for all sorts of kitchen functions.
- Many customers have had this for years and they still marvel at its beauty.
- Some said they needed to hammer the left apron because it was a little bit wider.
2. MR Direct Offset Double Bowl Copper Sink
Hand-hammered and made from 99% of pure copper, there is nothing that can elevate your kitchen quite like this double-bowled sink from MR Direct. With a living finish, you can ensure that the patina will age gracefully, so you can have a sink that becomes more beautiful as it ages. There are a lot of features that you can find in this sink including noise cessation feature that muffles out the sound of dropping water. It also has a moisture barrier that prevents condensation from building up on its surface.
- This is a great-looking copper sink. It has a darker look than other copper sinks out there.
- It is made from pure copper, so you can get all the benefits of this material.
- It has been hand-crafted by artisans.
- It ages well. You can get that copper weathered look as time goes by.
- You will like the sound-dampening pads included in this as it prevents dropping water from creating too much noise.
- This sink also prevents condensation from building up around it. This prevents molds and other bacteria from forming.
- This sink is also on the affordable side.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty for the sink and 1-year warranty for the accessories.
- A lot of people commented on how thick and sturdy the metal is.
- The depth is just right for many users.
- There are actually not a lot of negative reviews about this kitchen sink.
3. Sinkology SK101-33AC Angelico Drop-in Copper Kitchen Sink
This is one of the least expensive copper sinks you can buy today. If you prefer the drop-in style of sinks this is the best choice for you. It comes with a 3-faucet hole design that will help you achieve that classic sink setting. It has been crafted from 17-gauge pure and solid copper material. Artisans created this with their hands.
- Sinkology actually made this an easy installation project. Even without professional help, you might be able to install this with ease.
- It is a beautiful kitchen sink with a nice depth and size for those who are after that farmhouse sink look.
- The faucet deck has been reinforced, thereby preventing excessive movement whenever you use the faucet.
- No need to maintain this sink rigorously as it can simply be washed with a gentle cleaning soap and water. Just wax it occasionally with the help of a copper armor and you are good to go.
- You can get a lifetime warranty with this.
- It comes with accessories.
- There is a customer who said this sink is not concave enough for proper draining.
4. Signature Hardware 397527 Tegan Copper Farmhouse Sink
This sink that fits in standard 36-inch cabinets will look beautiful in your kitchen. It has a farmhouse look and installation. Made from solid copper, you can be assured that this will weather all external elements and remain great-looking for a long time. It is large enough to accommodate bigger pots and pans and for you to do a lot of your prepping work.
- This sink is one of the most beautiful ones out there. It truly injects a farmhouse vibe to your kitchen.
- It feels sturdy and seems to hold up well against high levels of abuse.
- It is made from pure copper, so expect to get all the benefits that copper can bring.
- It comes complete with all you need for installation.
- You can get a limited lifetime warranty with this.
- It is an expensive choice. Installation might also be more difficult because of its cabinet specifications.
5 Reasons to Choose a Copper Sink
With all the sink options out there, why should you choose the copper ones? What makes these sinks a better choice? Here are the reasons why you should choose a copper sink:
1. It is aesthetically pleasing.
One of the biggest reasons why people choose a copper sink is because of aesthetic purposes. These sinks look pleasing to the eyes and can give your boring kitchen a boost. The beauty of copper sinks doesn’t remain consistent as well. Over time, the patina will take over the copper hue of your sink. From a pink hue, it will take on a darker color such as caramel brown. This kind of aesthetic appeal works for those with a farmhouse style or vintage style kitchen.
2. Some copper sinks have antibacterial properties.
Did you know that copper has an intrinsic ability to keep bacteria at bay? This is actually true in the case of copper sinks that have not been treated with varnish or extra coating. According to studies, copper naturally works in reducing the bacteria that is on its surface. That can lessen the amount of work you have to do in keeping it clean.
3. These sinks are generally easy to maintain.
Speaking of cleaning, copper sinks typically do not require too much rigorous maintenance and cleaning. These are resistant to staining unlike other types of kitchen sink materials that can become rusty overtime. On the other hand, be careful not to expose it too much to acidic materials and liquids as acid can lower your copper sink’s resistance to staining issues.
4. It can help increase the value of your home.
The presence of copper sinks in your home can be a good factor that will help increase your home’s value in the long run. Today, many people look for these unique elements in a house. They are more expensive than your average kitchen sink, which is why they make kitchens a lot more expensive.
5. They can last for a long time.
The durability of copper is one of its best features. Unlike other materials such as porcelain, these sinks don’t break or chip easily. In fact, they can last for centuries. This is why it is not uncommon to find antique copper sinks today.
Which One Should You Choose?
Let us help you make the right choice even further.
Inexpensive but Good Quality: Sinkology Rockwell Farmhouse Apron Front Handmade Pure Solid Copper Kitchen Sink. Believe it or not, this sink has one of the best qualities out there but doesn’t come with the usual hefty price tag. If you have been salivating over a copper sink for a long time now but just can’t seem to bite the bullet because of the price, get this one. You will love the price and the quality of the product you are getting.
Beautiful Option: MR Direct Offset Double Bowl Copper Sink. All copper sinks out there are beautiful but this one retains its beauty even after the initial shine has faded. Additionally, it also has a nice and attractive two-bowl design that works in various kitchen settings.
For the Budget-Conscious: Sinkology SK101-33AC Angelico Drop-in Copper Kitchen Sink. No need to sacrifice quality even when you are on a budget because this sink is an affordable but durable choice.
If You Have a Farmhouse Design Kitchen: Signature Hardware 397527 Tegan Copper Farmhouse Sink. If your kitchen has a farmhouse style, get this sink. It will complete that farmhouse vibe. It is gorgeous but a bit on the expensive side. Overall, this is worth investing your money on.
How to Buy the Best Copper Sink
Make sure you know how to identify the copper sinks that will suit your kitchen. Here are some factors to consider:
Single versus Double Sinks
Decide which between a single and a double sink would work better for your needs. A single sink has more space for you to wash bigger pots and pans. It is also more ideal for those who are after that farmhouse look. There are also fewer nooks and crannies for grease and other unwanted residues to cling to.
Double sinks, on the other hand, may offer more versatility. For instance, you can delegate one half of the sink for washing vegetables and fruits only and the other half for washing meats. This sufficiently reduces contamination even though sinks are naturally resistant to the formation of bacteria.
Also consider how thick the sink is going to be. Naturally, the thicker it is, the heavier and the pricier it is. But some extra thickness can make your sink last longer, so if you are planning to stick with that design in your kitchen, you definitely need to pick one that is thick enough to withstand wear and tear.
Size and Depth
You need to first measure the counter space allotted for the copper sink. How big is the size of the sink you have allotted for it? From there, you can narrow down your choices. Also consider how deep it is. One good thing about these copper sinks is that they tend to be deeper and bigger than standard sinks, so you have more space to do things like wash pots.
Another thing to consider is the finish. There are certain kinds of finishes that allow it to age well. Some sinks might not even have a finish but one with it can make your copper sink last longer.
Be prepared to spend a bit more money on these sinks. They are generally more expensive, but they are worth the investment as with proper care and attention, these sinks can last forever. Decide how much you want to spare for your copper sink and narrow down your choices based on your budget needs.
It should come with a warranty. Look for manufacturers that include a warranty on their products. Check what is included in that warranty.
Some additional features such as noise-dampening pads can come handy. You would also want to look for features that make these sinks easier to install.
These are the things you need to consider when it comes to finding the best copper sink for your kitchen.
The following copper sinks are those we deem the best in the market today:
- Sinkology Rockwell Farmhouse Apron Front Handmade Pure Solid Copper Kitchen Sink
- MR Direct Offset Double Bowl Copper Sink
- Sinkology SK101-33AC Angelico Drop-in Copper Kitchen Sink
- Signature Hardware 397527 Tegan Copper Farmhouse Sink
Still looking for other kitchen sink options? Be sure to read our complete guide for more suggestions and ideas on the best sinks to buy.