You never want to deal with a clogged kitchen sink drain. It is inconvenient and messy. One way to prevent that from happening is by getting yourself a kitchen sink strainer.
That should keep all those sediments, grease, grime and solid wastes away from your plumbing. We looked for different sink strainers out there and found the ones with the best features. Learn more about our recommendations below.
In This Guide
- Best Kitchen Sink Strainer Reviews
- Which is the Best Choice for You?
- Benefits of Using a Kitchen Sink Strainer
- Additional Tips to Help You Buy a Kitchen Sink Strainer
Best Kitchen Sink Strainer Reviews
|1. Everflow 75111 Kitchen Sink Basket Strainer|
Stopper & Strainer In One
|2. OXO Good Grips Silicone Sink Strainer|
Easy, No-Fuss Use
|3. Helect 3-Pack Kitchen Sink Strainer|
Value For Money
|4. Fengbao 2 pcs Kitchen Sink Strainer|
Good Buy, But Careful With Sharp Rims
1. Everflow 75111 Kitchen Sink Basket Strainer
Replace your old basket strainer with this one from Everflow that is made from high quality stainless steel material and a fixed post with chrome plating. It fits standard baskets with 3-1/2 to 4-inch opening. This is a dual purpose tool that works as a stopper or a strainer.
This strainer is built to last with its durable materials, stain-resistant properties and scratch protection. The underside of the strainer is made from silicone materials that will prevent the basin from getting scratched up. it works effectively in preventing drain clogs because the 32 bar holes stop solid materials from getting in the drain but without preventing water from draining easily.
- These really look nice. They match the material and finish of most sinks.
- The materials used are high quality. You can be assured your sink strainer will last for a long time.
- Stopping water flow is easy. The seal engages easily. If you need to open it up, you can simply pull it up.
- You can easily throw away the food trapped in it. Throw the collected food and wash the strainer.
- Many people like the fit. Unlike those they have tried that won’t fit the sink drain, this one seems to work well in many standard sinks.
- It can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- It is also an affordable sink strainer, so you should not have problems buying a few of this for your home.
- The center of the strainer isn’t made from stainless steel material but a plastic material. Some people might have issues with this when they need to strain boiling water.
2. OXO Good Grips Silicone Sink Strainer
This sink strainer that is made from silicone is one of the most flexible sink strainers you will find today. Because it is made from flexible silicone material, it can be easily flipped in order to empty it out. Once you have collected food, take it out of the sink and then invert the strainer to remove the contents.
Silicone is naturally resistant to scratches and stains. It will not also leave scratches on the sink because the underside material is soft and flexible. This is easy to clean and also can be washed in the dishwasher.
- This strainer looks great. The stainless steel rim coupled with the silicone strain will match with your stainless steel sink.
- The silicone material is resistant to corrosion and staining. It will also not inflict damages to your sink because the silicone material is soft and won’t chafe the stainless steel material of your sink.
- It is easy to install or take off. Simply lift the center post and you are great to go.
- If you need to remove the collected food, simply invert the sink strainer. It is a much cleaner and efficient way to get rid of the food residues.
- It is an affordable sink strainer.
- It holds up well against high temperature. Silicone materials are naturally resistant to high temperature.
- Some said the holes are too big to catch smaller particles like ground coffee.
3. Helect 3-Pack Kitchen Sink Strainer
For an affordable price, you will get not one but three sink strainers. The outer diameter of the rim has a measurement of 4.5 inches while the inner filter has 2.95 inches of diameter. It has a depth of 0.95 inch, which should be just right in catching good scraps. Each hole has a micro-perforation diameter of 0.08 inch.
Use this daily to keep your plumbing protected from clogs. It has an anti-clogging shield that works in allowing water to drain out while blocking big particles of food and other materials. Cleaning it is as simple as washing it with soapy water. It is also dishwasher safe.
- This is a value for your money because for the price that is similar to other strainers out there, you are getting three of this.
- It has a standard size that fits most sinks. The depth is just right in collecting food debris.
- Its stainless steel material is resistant to dents and deformation. It doesn’t succumb to rust and corrosion as well.
- Water can still flow out easily while trapping food waste. The holes are small enough to trap even smaller food particles such as a rice grain.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- There were those who said it tends to move around on the sink easily.
4. Fengbao 2 pcs Kitchen Sink Strainer
Prevent clogging in your kitchen sink with the help of this sink strainer that has 2 mm small holes. It drains water effectively but traps debris, preventing them from getting in the drain. Made from stainless steel construction, this is a strainer that can prevent rust from developing. You can use it every day and not worry that it will get damaged easily. Wash it easily by running it in warm water or simply washing it with a mild dishwashing soap. You can also easily wash it in a dishwasher.
- You are getting 2 sink strainers for the price of one.
- It has small holes that prevent smaller particles from getting through.
- It is long-lasting and durable. It is made from a material that doesn’t corrode, turn rusty or dent.
- You can easily install it. Clean up is also a cinch. Simply use soapy water to maintain its shine. It is also dishwasher-safe.
- The fit is just right according to many users.
- Many people also commend the amazing customer service of this product. The customer service was able to send a replacement when users encountered problems with this.
- Some said the edges of the rim are a bit sharp.
Which is the Best Choice for You?
Now which of these products are better for you?
Great for Standard Sinks: Everflow 75111 Kitchen Sink Basket Strainer – Are you worried that the strainer you will buy won’t fit in your kitchen sink? Get this one then.
It fits most drain openings as many customers have found out. Its universal appeal is what makes this an ideal choice for those who are not sure which strainer size to get.
Easy to Use: OXO Good Grips Silicone Sink Strainer – Everything about this sink strainer is easy to use. From its flexible silicone material that can be easily inverted to remove food scraps to the center pole that is easy to lift up if you need to empty out the strainer, you will have an easy time using this strainer.
Value for Your Money: Helect 3-Pack Kitchen Sink Strainer – This is a sink strainer that really does a great job in straining food residues. The holes are small enough to trap smaller particles but big enough to still allow water to flow out. You are also getting 3 sink strainers for the price of one.
Long-Lasting Strainer: Fengbao 2 pcs Kitchen Sink Strainer – This sink strainer should last you for a long time. Not only is it a durable tool, your purchase also gives you 2 strainers, so you have a replacement in case your first one fails. That is unlikely to happen any time soon though because of its durable construction and easy-to-clean features.
Benefits of Using a Kitchen Sink Strainer
If you still need convincing about the many benefits of a sink strainer, here are the things you should know:
1. It prevents the inconvenience of a clogged drain.
Isn’t it annoying when you can’t wash dishes because of a clogged drain? It just halts operations in the kitchen. Until you can fix that clogged drain, you won’t be able to get much work done. With a good sink strainer, clogs can be greatly prevented.
2. It can save you a lot of money in having to fix your plumbing system.
If you are not handy when it comes to plumbing, fixing a clogged drain will require you to get the services of a professional plumber. That can cost a lot of money. It is also inconvenient because you will have to wait for the plumber to get to your house and fix the drain. Until then, you will have to deal with a clogged drain.
3. It keeps your sink safe from dirty backups.
A dirty and clogged drain means you might experience backups every now and then. Backup coming from the sewer system, are dirty and can cause the unwanted smell to permeate from your drain. This can be off-putting and embarrassing if you have guests over.
4. It is low-maintenance.
There are many other ways to get rid of food wastes and residues. You can opt for a garbage disposal, which helps grind wastes. But this can also be difficult to maintain. With a sink strainer, you need only to take it out of the sink and wash it. Many are even dishwasher-safe, so you shouldn’t have to spend so much time maintaining your sink strainer.
5. It doesn’t consume energy.
Unlike other methods of removing wastes such as garbage disposal, the sink strainer is cheaper and does not require electricity to run. That said, you will be able to use it even without hooking it up to electricity.
Additional Tips to Help You Buy a Kitchen Sink Strainer
Pay extra attention to what you are buying. Here are some tips to ensure you are getting a sink strainer that will last you for a long time:
1. It should be made from materials that can withstand heat, cold and corrosion.
You will be pouring a lot of things down that drain – boiling water, freezing water and liquids that might contain some chemicals. It’s important that the sink strainer is made from a material that can withstand these issues. You would want something that is resistant to corrosion and won’t become rusty overtime.
2. The holes should be small enough to capture even smaller grains.
Those small grains you wash down the drain? They can still cause clogging. Rice grain, particularly, is sticky, so if it can clog your drain when there is a lot of it washed down. Choose a sink strainer with smaller holes in order to capture even these smaller wastes.
3. Make sure it can fit.
It won’t be an effective sink strainer if it doesn’t fit easily. If it sits right above the drain and not in it, some of the food particles can still get in your drain.
4. It should be easy to clean.
Can you easily dispose the collected food residues? Do you still need to brush some of the particles off because they get stuck in the holes? Look for something that is easy to clean and maintain and does not become grimy overtime.
There are plenty of kitchen sink strainers out there but none as great as the following:
- Everflow 75111 Kitchen Sink Basket Strainer
- OXO Good Grips Silicone Sink Strainer
- Helect 3-Pack Kitchen Sink Strainer
- Fengbao 2 pcs Kitchen Sink Strainer
We understand how important it is to find the best kitchen tools and equipment. We can help you find these tools that you will be able to heavily rely on for many more years to come. Visit our homepage to read more product reviews.