One of the nifty features you can integrate in your kitchen is a pot filler. It just brings more convenience into your life. It also creates an instant statement in the design of your house, so if you are looking to make your kitchen look great on top of being functional, add a pot filler.
There is no shortage of good pot fillers out there. You can choose from an assortment of designs and materials. Whatever the design of your kitchen is, you are bound to find one that will seamlessly blend in.
In this article, you will find out how to find a good pot filler as well as get recommendations on pot fillers that are worth buying because of their price, functionality, design and ease of use.
Benefits of a Pot Filler
What makes these pot fillers a great addition to your kitchen? Here are the benefits you can get:
It Lightens Up Your Load
If you have ever experienced filling up a big vat with water from the sink and then have to carry it all the way to your stove, you know how difficult that gets. It puts a lot of strain to your wrists and hands. Do it repeatedly and you just might also strain your arms and shoulders. With a pot filler, you should be able to fill up a large pot without taxing yourself.
You Can Multitask
Filling up a big pot takes some time. While using a pot filler to fill up your pot, you can do something else such as oversee what you are cooking or clear up the countertop. You can do other things while still be able to easily check the pot you are filling up.
It Reduces Stress and Mess
Since you are directly filling the pot on a stove, it minimizes chances of spilling or dropping. That just means you have fewer things to clean up later. And with fewer mess, it is not that stressful to work in the kitchen.
You Can Use Bigger Pots
Do you have bigger pots that do not fit in your kitchen sink? If you have a small kitchen and you only have a limited space in your kitchen sink, using a big pot might not be an option. But with a pot filler, it is possible to use different pots and pans as you are directly filling the pot on the stove.
It Can Improve the Beauty and Value of Your Home
A pot filler is a nice feature in a home. That will, in turn, increase its value and likeability amongst home buyers. If you decide to sell it in the future, your house might gain interest amongst more home buyers because of this nice feature.
How to Choose a Pot Filler Suitable for Your Needs
Now that you have decided to get a nice pot filler for your home, here are the features you need to consider:
Style or Design
Pot fillers come in an assortment of style and design. They come in different finishes as well. Which one you should choose will depend on the style you are going for. If there is a specific design theme you are going after such as modern, industrial, farmhouse or vintage, take those into consideration and pick a pot filler that can deliver the aesthetics you are looking for.
Another thing you should keep in mind is how far it extends or reaches. There are two basic options when it comes to reach: single-jointed or double-jointed. Get the one that works with the size of burner you have. If you have more burners, a pot filler with double joints will work better because these usually have a reach of up to 20 inches. The single-jointed ones have an average reach of 15 inches, which should work with more standard stovetops.
Number of Handles
Most of the pot fillers you can find today come with double handles. This is more convenient to use as both ends of the spout has a switch to turn it on and off. However, you can also find those that come with single handles.
Another important thing to consider is the height. If you have bigger pots at home, make sure the pot filler can accommodate the height of these bigger pots. Also make sure they are easily accessible by anyone in the household. They should be accessed even by tall or short people in the household.
You will need to hire a plumber to install wall mount types of pot fillers. That is because there is a need to install cold water pipe in your kitchen’s wall. However, if you are using a deck-mounted one, make sure the cold water line is installed under your countertop, close to the stove.
Since you would want your pot filler to last for a long time, it is essential to look for the materials that can withstand wear and tear. Stainless steel is a good option as it is not just durable, it is also easier to maintain. Most pot fillers are made from brass, a durable option but may have a different finish.
Water Flow Rate
How fast it expels water is a good factor to consider. That will tell you how fast it will fill up big pots with water. A lower flow rate will mean it might not fill up pots as fast as you want.
Ability to Use Cold or Hot Water
Some pot fillers are only capable of working with cold water while there may be others that can also deliver hot water. Decide if you need that dual function or if you are okay with just a cold water function.
These are the factors to keep in mind when choosing a good pot filler.
Best Pot Filler 2019 Reviews
Without further ado, these are the pot fillers worth buying:
- Sumerain Pot Filler Faucet Wall Mount
- Avola Kitchen Sink Pot Filler Faucet
- Delta Faucet 1177LF-AR Wall Mount Pot Filler
- Lordear Stainless Steel Pot Filler
Here are the features you can get with these pot fillers:
1. Sumerain Pot Filler Faucet Wall Mount
Convenience is what this pot filler aims to bring to homeowners with its ability to fill pots with ease. It has dual swing joints that extends to up to 24 inches in length. This is ideal to use even if you have more than 4 burners. It also has a dual handle design for seamless and effortless operations.
The dual shut-off faucet levers are a nice feature as well. You can turn it on or off even without turning the handles completely. It also allows you to have full control over the flow of water.
- This is a well-built pot filler. Aside from being made from durable materials, it has also been surface-treated with products that can prevent scum and other foreign substances from building up on its surface. It is also capable of resisting scratches and corrosion.
- It is made from brass material that can last for a long time and doesn’t require too much maintenance.
- Installation is easier as it works with standard US plumbing.
- It has a wide reach. You can fill up your pots with ease without worrying about reaching the corners of your stove.
- It is leak-proof with its ceramic disk cartridge.
- It has a 360-degree rotation feature.
- There aren’t a lot of negative reviews about this product.
2. Avola Kitchen Sink Pot Filler Faucet
This is made from 304 stainless steel material that guarantees a long-lasting functionality. You can be assured that it will stay looking great for a long time. It also features ½ IPS male thread and has up to 16-4/5-inch of reach. This can be mounted over a wall and features dual jointed swing spout.
- Inexpensive. You can be assured that it will not break the bank.
- It makes use of a ceramic cartridge that will prevent it from leaking. You can open and close it up to 500,000 times and not suffer from damages.
- The brushed finish makes it look shiny and appealing even when subjected to wear and tear.
- The 304 stainless steel material is one of the most durable material today. This is mixed with 18/10 Chromium and Nickel content, which gives this an added protection against corrosion and rusting.
- The faucet is 100% pressure tested. You can get a high pressure for convenience in the kitchen.
- Comes with a lifetime limited warranty and 5 years warranty directly from the manufacturer.
- Some said it takes time learning how to use it.
Made from brass material and arctic stainless steel finish, you will find this pot filler a staple in your kitchen. You should be able to enjoy using it for a long time, thanks to its durable quality. It features a spout reach of up to 23.63 inches, so you should be able to fill up your pots no matter which burner you are using.
3. Delta Faucet 1177LF-AR Wall Mount Pot Filler
No need to stress yourself out with filling a pot because this filler has a not of nifty and convenient feature such as the quarter turn handles that will allow you to turn it on and off without completely turning the handles. The dual handle design makes it easier to use this pot filler.
- Made from brass but finished with arctic stainless steel. This will last for a long time and will remain nice-looking even when subjected to wear and tear.
- It has 4 gpm @ 60 psi. It can fill up a pot with 15 liters of water in just a minute.
- It comes with a lifetime limited warranty on the faucet and finish.
- Has a long reach
- Feels heavy and solid. You can tell it will last for a long time.
- It is quite expensive.
- It has aeration, which some people might not find ideal.
4. Lordear Stainless Steel Pot Filler
Here is another brass pot filler that you can consider buying. It has a nickel finish. Maintaining and cleaning this pot filler is easy. There are no artificial and added materials incorporated, so you can be assured that it will remain clean and hygienic.
The dual handles make this easier to turn on and often. It has a standard 19-inch reach that will work with smaller burners and features 360-degree rotation for optimal usage.
- Works great with smaller stoves. The 19-inch reach is just right to reach all corners of a smaller stove.
- It can be rotated and extended with ease, thanks to its double-jointed spout.
- It features a water flow rate of 5.5 GPM.
- Cleaning this isn’t an issue. It also maintains its shiny appearance for a long time.
- Comes with two ceramic disc shut off valves to prevent leaks.
- More affordable than others out there.
- It comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Might be more difficult to install.
So, which of these products is the best choice for you?
Works with US Plumbing: Sumerain Pot Filler Faucet Wall Mount. The problem with many pot fillers in the market today is that they have international standards for installation. If you are looking for one that works with US standards of plumbing, this is the best choice. It is easier to install this way.
Affordable Choice: Avola Kitchen Sink Pot Filler Faucet. On a budget? Get this one. It is one of the most affordable ones out there, but it still has a lot of great features. With this, you can have a stylish pot filler in your home without breaking the bank.
High-End Choice: Delta Faucet 1177LF-AR Wall Mount Pot Filler. If you are looking for something that has a high-end material and finish and exudes quality when it comes to construction, get this one.
No-Leak Option: Lordear Stainless Steel Pot Filler. A lot of customers raved about how great this is because it doesn’t leak. It has the look and functionality of more expensive pot fillers.
Have you made a decision on which one to buy already? Make sure you also check out our homepage to get more ideas on kitchen fixtures that you can install in your home.